Environmental pollution essay- Environmental pollution is the introduction of harmful elements to the natural surroundings that initiate adverse biological change. Pollution can consist of air, water, or chemical substances, including light, heat, or noise pollution. Pollutants, mainly the organic components of pollution, are either synthetic or naturally occurring elements. Some common pollutants in the natural surroundings include radon, pesticides, herbicides, and lead. Many harmful pollutants can exist in minute quantities, while others pose serious threats.Environmental pollution essay
Environmental Pollution (Essay) Control
There are two important aspects of environmental pollution control. The first is that the emissions should not be released in the air. These emissions can escape control through emission testing and onsite storage. Emissions from a power plant or other industrial facility can often be seen and smelled at the same time as they emit greenhouse gases that aggravate existing allergies.
Remove of Pollution
Another aspect of environmental pollution control involves the removal of pollution. Removing pollution is achieved through the control of waste transfer. This includes solid, liquid, and gaseous wastes released into the environment. Water pollution is the most common form of environmental pollution; however, there are also many forms of air pollution, land pollution, and radioactive pollutants. All forms of pollution require efficient and expensive environmental pollution control processes.
Chemical pollution occurs when substances are introduced into the environment in an improper way. This may include accidental spillage of toxic chemicals, byproducts from various manufacturing processes, or hazardous waste materials. A major problem with chemical spills is that they can easily find their way to the rivers, lakes, and oceans, potentially contaminating aquatic life and soil. While certain types of spills can be cleaned easily by nature, others may require that chemicals be treated in an environmentally controlled facility. Another type of environmental pollution is the dispersal of insecticides and pesticides, which pollute land, air, and water.
Dispatching Unwanted Substances
The process of dispatching unwanted substances is another major problem with environmental pollution. This may include emissions from power plants, vehicle exhausts, and industrial wastes. Emissions can cause ozone layer depletion, acid rain, and global warming. Emissions from human activities are mainly carbon dioxide and methane, which cause global warming and are responsible for the Earth's climate change. Carbon dioxide is a primary contributor to the global increase in atmospheric pressure, which results in increases in atmospheric humidity.
The effects of many types of environmental pollution cannot be reversed. Although it is difficult to undo some types of pollution once they occur, there are ways to protect the environment. Manufacturers can reduce harmful emissions by installing low emission vehicles, making sure that their factories do not store waste, and refraining from using dangerous products.
Companies can also help the environment by using energy efficient appliances, generating less household waste, and using materials that do not release greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. In addition, many companies have found ways to dispose of waste in an environmentally-friendly way, so that they are not required to pay fines for pollution that has already taken place.
Another form of environmental pollution is that of the consumption of products that contain hazardous chemicals. Some common examples of hazardous chemicals are pesticides, solvents, prescription drugs, and industrial waste. Developmental countries often export toxic chemicals, which they receive in the form of waste from industrial and agricultural processes.
Some developing countries, like India, face a particular problem with hazardous waste because of the simple lack of infrastructure to handle large quantities of wastes. The waste is often dumped in rivers, lakes, and the ocean, and can easily seep into natural reserves. Because of this, many scientists believe that hazardous chemicals could be one of the drivers of aquatic extinction.
Radioactive Contamination is one of the most common forms of pollution. This can include radium, lead, cobalt and uranium in the soil and water around a location. With these hazardous elements present in the soil or in the ground water, they can come in contact with crops and animals feeding on them and therefore create harmful contamination in the air and water causing detrimental effects to living things. Radioactive contamination can also come from creatures that eat or drink at the contaminated area and create a chain reaction.
Contamination of the soil and water by radioactive substances can be prevented by making sure that the soil is tested regularly for radioactivity. If you are located near a heavily contaminated area, you should make sure that the soil is tested at least once a year to keep track of contamination levels. You can help prevent this type of environmental pollution by making sure that your lawn and garden have low traces of radioactive substances. You can do this by using fertilizers and weed killers that are made to reduce traces of radioactive substances in your soil. Another option is to get a bone scan of your knee to see if there are high levels of radioactivity in it.
Is Environmental Pollution (Essay) Serious Problem?
While environmental pollution may seem to be a problem that cannot be addressed on a global scale, there are steps that can be taken at both a national and a global level to reduce the burden of this type of pollution. Developing countries can choose to reduce their industrial output by improving the efficiency of their factories, producing more food and saving energy by minimizing the use of fuels such as coal and petroleum, and improving the design of their buildings.
Developed countries can also help by educating the local population about the dangers of environmental pollution. These efforts will reduce the pressure being placed on poor countries and empower them to take control over their environment.
Air pollution can create numerous other types of problems. Particles of pollen, which is often released from grass by insects, can contain harmful substances in them. When these particles go into the air, they can be inhaled and cause allergic reactions to people who are sensitive to them. Also, pollutants in the soil can mix with the pollen and get embedded in the plant's root systems, leading to severe water quality problems when rainwater mixes with it. Both of these situations are bad for both people and the environment.
How to Get Rif off Environmental Pollution Essay
- There are a number of different environmental pollution that can occur both on land and in the air. These range from runoff to run-offs from roadways to chemicals used in agricultural practices. Water pollution is also a form of pollution that can occur in both fresh and saltwater bodies of water. With such a wide variety of environmental problems that can occur both in the air and on land, there are many different ways to curb pollution.
- It seems that the only good thing that can come from environmental pollution is the Clean Air Act. This act makes some changes to the Clean Water Act, which in turn helps to ensure better water quality in the United States and creates the Environmental Protection Agency. However, it does not do much to change the amount of pollution that happens by various sources. One way to help reduce this kind of air pollution is to limit or completely stop the use of noise pollution from vehicles, although some form of restriction on vehicle sound emissions cannot be passed in the Clean Air Act itself.
- Light pollution is also another form of pollution, and although most people don't consider it as such, it is still harmful. Light pollution can harm people on the ground, as well as those standing nearby. Though light pollution is not known to cause deaths directly, there are a variety of detrimental effects caused by it. These include eye damage and decreased production of red blood cells due to lack of exposure to sunlight. The release of harmful chemicals and gases from fluorescent lights is also one of the main causes of air pollution, and these are just some of the ways that it harms the environment.
- One of the biggest air pollution causes is carbon dioxide, which is thought to be the largest contributor to the rise of greenhouse gas emissions around the world. The main source of carbon dioxide is the burning of fossil fuels for energy, and while there are some hopeful signs that reducing the amount of carbon dioxide released can be effective (such as the efforts of the European Union and the United States), it is likely that future changes to the way we generate energy will be gradual. If we continue to pump more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, the result will be further warming. Although not thought to be at the level of dangerous climate change, it still contributes to the increase of the atmospheric concentration of this highly toxic gas.
- Other environmental pollution causes include the release of radioactive substances into the environment and the emission of highly volatile organic compounds (HVOCs). Although scientists are not sure about the health effects produced by various pollutants, the greatest threat they pose is to the human population. When inhaled, these gaseous pollutants can easily enter the lungs and bloodstream, and there are even cases when they have been known to affect the central nervous system, endocrine system, and immune system. When we consider all of these substances as we think about global warming, it is clear that we cannot discount them as a major cause of the current environmental crisis.
How to get rid of Environmental Pollution is a question that people who live in the developed world have been asking for quite some time. Unfortunately, it remains a major problem around the globe, and people are finally getting serious about addressing the issue. The reason why this pollution is continuing to get worse is due to the simple fact that most people don't care. Pollution is part and parcel of modern life, and there's simply no way around it.
Pollution causes all sorts of problems in the environment, from increased food costs to depletion of wildlife. It also causes many thousands of premature deaths each year, largely due to air pollution. Even those who live in air-conditioned environments are subject to breathing in pollutants, such as pollen, dust and cigarette smoke. And this problem is only getting worse.
Most people don't realise that they're doing anything wrong in the environment. But, as time passes, we'll start to see the damage that we're doing. This has resulted in an increased interest in the topic, and there are now hundreds of thousands of individuals worldwide who are trying to improve the state of the environment.
Depend on Nature
People looking for answers on how to get rid of environmental pollution have quite a number of options. They can choose to turn to technology to reduce their impact on the planet. Many environmental technology companies are developing new, efficient, low-cost systems that will allow individuals to reduce their impact on the environment. Others are trying to create green energy sources by turning common household waste into electricity. The possibilities are endless.
Change of Lifestyle
You can also take steps to combat environmental pollution by making some changes to your lifestyle. You can help to fight pollution by driving fewer miles, if possible. You'll also need to cut down on your vehicle usage. If you live in a congested area, try walking or cycling instead. You'll be surprised by how little difference it makes. And, if you do drive, you'll find that your carbon footprint is much lower than it was previously.
When you go shopping, it's important to buy from companies that are environmentally responsible. Green tea is one example that has become very popular recently, due to its numerous health benefits. In addition to green tea, you can also buy bottled water and organic food. As well as buying things that are good for your health, you'll find that you end up saving money. That can make a big difference when it comes to paying off your debt.
How to get rid of environmental pollution is part of being human. One way to save the environment is to reduce our annual impact on the earth's environment. We all have a part to play. And, the more people who work towards making the environment safer, the less pollution will exist. It's an important choice that we must make.
The next time you head out for a shopping excursion, look for items that are biodegradable. Even if you only use a portion of the product, you'll be making a difference in the world. Once you've purchased the item, it will be processed into compost. The resulting compost will provide a great source of organic fertilizer for your garden and lawn.
If you don't want to go all out, consider buying recycled products. You'll often find small boxes with colorful wrappers that contain paper that is a bit older than the usual recyclable material. This is especially helpful if you live in a city or town that limits where paper can be discarded.
A final thought on how to get rid of environmental pollution involves the use of non-biodegradable materials. These include plastic bags. Although it may seem like a good idea, think about the effect these bags have on the environment. Landfills fill up fast and they can't handle any more plastic bags. The problem is even worse in the ocean, which is why many companies are now starting to use cloth bags for their products.
Tags: Environmental pollution essay, Environmental pollution essay in English, Environmental pollution essay for student, Environmental pollution essay
Post a Comment